Fountain solution additive, particularly for soft water and CTP plates.
Fountain Solution Additive
BöttcherFount S-3021 is a fountain solution additive for sheet-fed offset and continuous form printing. Particularly for soft water.
- standard dosage 2 - 3 %
- for IPA-reduction to 6 - 8 %
- very stable ink-/water balance
- reduced and stable water pick up of the ink, therefore higher ink densities obtained
- fast start-up after machine standstill
- for conventional and continuous dampening units
- very suitable for CTP plates
- increased plate protection
- for water hardness 0 - 8° dH (total hardness)
- pH-value 4.4 – 4.7 with soft water
- reduced calcium deposits on ink rollers
- minimises build up of paper dust and ink on the blanket
- suitable for metal pigment, UV and fluorescence inks
- effective prevention of foam
- increased conductivity per % input: 775 μS/cm
- density 1.14 (kg/l)
Before applying BöttcherFount S-3021, the fountain system must be completely emptied and cleaned thoroughly, preferably with BöttcherPro Hydroclean.